Sunday, March 15, 2009

SAGE, STUDENT OF THE MONTH

I just want to share some really exciting things about Sage, for all those that have known Sage from birth know that he is passionate about things that he is interested or that he wants to tell you everything he knows about the things that he has learned or tell you about bionicles etc.... From the day started kindergarten he has struggled in all areas, I had a very hard time understanding why. They labeled Sage the problem child. ( too long to go into) As each year went by I became more and more mad. Now Sage is in the 4Th grade and has the most amazing teachers, Special Ed, counselor, and principle. At the beginning of the year Sage was @ 34% in reading, below grade level. I just received his latest report card, I am so happy to tell you all that Sage is now at 90% an A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he also has A's in Science and Math !!!!!!!!!!!! This would not be possible without Sister Joan Fehlberg a member of my ward and on of my moms best friends. She has been helping Sage with reading since 2ND grade. My sister Jacquie signed Sage up for the Lego's club and because he is a member of the Lego's club each month he get a bionicle comic book which has helped his reading because he is reading about things that he enjoys. My mom and all the teachers at school. Sage has grown up this year. I am so blessed to have Sage as my son, my first born. He is a very sensitive and loving, he has a passion for putting things together. He tells me all the time that he wants to be an enginer that's famous. I tell him that he can be anything that he wants to be and doing his best in school will help him acheive his goals. I am just so proud of Sage.

2 comments:

The Hill family said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Go Sage! That is so awesome!

Tricia said...

I know pride is supposed to be a bad thing but... what other word is there to describe it?? I know how much you have fought on his behalf, this is your victory too! Can I get his autograph so I can say "I knew him when..."? =)