Friday, January 2, 2009

CHRISTMAS 2008






Christmas brings so many feelings to the forefront for me. I think about what the real meaning of Christmas is and I think about the the birth of the savior and what that means. I think about all the memories from when I was growing up, like decorating sugar cookies, decorating the christmas tree and on Christmas eve going sleding as a family up American fork canyon. Acting out the christmas story as my dad would read from the bible. Opening presents from siblings. I remember all of us kids would sleep in the family room on the floor or couches, and waking up at like 5:00 a.m. to see what santa had brought us, then waiting till we could wake up my mom and dad. The most memorable christmas that I have is the last christmas my dad was alive, he gave us all a fathers blessing because that was the only gift that he could give that no one else could. That memory has never left my memory. Things have changed now that I have my kids. I have tried to carry on the traditions from when I was a kid, I have tried to start some that are new for my family. Christmas as a parent is quite stressful so much to do... If I didn't have Sage I probably wouldn't do very much, Sage LOVES CHRISTMAS he was driving everybody nuts about getting a tree, decorating. One day Sage whispered in my ear that he wanted to give Zamera and Sequoia the best Christmas ever. I love his additude . The kids were very eager to buy each others gifts. We had a great Christmas and are very Greatful for the birth of the savior. Here are some pictures from christmas day, I would have taken more but my camera died on me.

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oh my gosh that was an awesome post. I cried reading about your dad. What a special Christmas! Your kids look so happy, I'm sure they'll love remembering their Christmases just like you do! Happy New Year!