Sunday, November 2, 2008

IN LOVING MEMORY OF LAYNEE LEIGH HANSEN


I want to share an experience of faith that my niece Marijo and her husband made in behalf of there sweet baby girl who is an agel that has taught my whole family a lesson in faith and eternal families. This is Laynee Leigh Hansen she was a healthy baby when she was born. when she was 3 weeks she got sick with a cold that was lingering longer than they thought it should, they took her to the Dr. and after many tests to check if it was her heart,they found that her heart was perfectly formed but that a virus had attacked her heart. She started to do alot better and they took her home. When she was 6 mo old she took a turn for the worse, the Dr. wanted to fly my niece and Laynee to California to wait for a heart transplant



After much prayer, fasting and Laynee having many blessings, my niece and her husband went to the temple.The humble parents told the Dr.'s that they would not be doing the transplant, they didn't feel that she would survive the surgery and quality of life would be poor. I personally couldn't understand this, I remember that when my beautiful Zamera was born, she was really sick. I prayed like I had never prayed before that My Heavenly Father would make my daughter whole again. I was ready to do whatever it took to make her live, I thank my Heavenly Father for making her whole again. So after my niece and her husband told the Dr.'s no, they told her that they were being foolish and that they would be taking Laynee home to die, they did and made the most of the time they had with Laynee. My mom had made a quilt of heart and took it to her, 2 weeks ago today my mom got home from visiting them in Joesph City, AZ The next day Laynee Leigh Hansen passed away at her Dr.'s office. I never got to see her in person but, she has forever touch my heart.
You would never know that she was sick baby




This is Laynee with her Big sister Elle




2 comments:

Tricia said...

I don't know these people, and I'm crying! That is definitely a leap of faith. those parents will probably get some hurtful comments from people not understanding what it means to prayerfully accept our Heavenly Father's guidance. I hope they stay strong in their faith, my heart goes out to them!

Tim and Vicky Porter said...

Thank you for sharing that!